Friday, February 08, 2008

More from Mami & Eiko

sentiment: happy/excited
harmony: "Light colors" by Lia

I know I'm already late to post this but Mami Kawada and Eiko Shimamiya's second album from I've Sound and Geneon already has a title! Mami's 2nd album is SAVIA which is a plant genus (according to good ol' Wiki) and it's quite connected with her debut album SEED. As much as I'm expecting, I think there will be a song entitled "Savia" on that album that can have the PV but it's just a premonition, I'm still not very sure but probably that's what going to happen. And lastly, it scopes her 3 latest singles which are Akai Namida/Beehive, Get my way!, and the epic win single JOINT. I think it's already been an SOP that a studio album covers 3 singles like SEED (which covers radiance, Hishoku no Sora
, and Face of Fact -RESOLUTION ver.- although the last single mentioned was a collaboration single with KOTOKO) but that's from almost all J-pop artist that I know except for Eiko Shimamiya who is just covering 1 single per album.

Eiko Shimamiya's 2nd album will be entitled "Hikari Nadeshiko" and it will be the second time (on her history) that her album only covers one single. If her album O has only the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni single, Hikari Nadeshiko will be only having her most successful single (to date) which is Naraku no Hana. And there is a high possibility that the said song will have the PV for the album (just like in the case of O album). I'm not looking forward much to this album since she didn't release H-game songs nor single [WHEEL OF FORTUNE (Unmei no Wa)'s release date is still indefinite] so definitely there will be new songs, new remixes (of older songs from her EP/mini-albums) most probably, or worst, simply repetition of songs (from her previous releases). But I still have high hopes for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment